Trent Parke & Narelle Autio’s ‘The Summation of Force’ at Samstag
Launching at the Anne & Gordon Samstag Museum of Art on Thursday, June 29, The Summation of Force is a collaborative multimedia installation by South Australian artist duo Trent Parke and Narelle Autio.
In their creative collaboration The Summation of Force, Parke and Autio turn their gaze to the possibilities of filmic narrative, and look to family and sport for subject material.
A multi-channel video work that pitches competitive sport and the mythical power of cricket as a metaphor for life and parenthood, The Summation of Force is no less than a Lynchian suburban dreamscape. It is a paean to collective dreams, youthful determination, and the bonds that sporting ambition can create both within families and nations.
The Summation of Force by Trent Parke and Narelle Autio has been produced in association with Closer Productions and the Adelaide Film Festival, and is presented by the Anne & Gordon Samstag Museum of Art for the 2017 SALA Festival.
Exhibition runs from June 30 to September 1. Head here for more information.
- Press release: The Summation of Force bowls into Samstag
- Art Guide: Trent Parke and Narelle Autio: The Summation of Force
- The Australian: Summation of Force pushes the boundaries of bat and ball
- ABC Radio: Photographer couple explores the evolution of cricket
- Arts Hub: Surprise! Arts sector to challenge screen world in Hive #4
- UniSA Alumni News: Narelle Autio